Wild Luxury Artistry
On Safari with Kim Thompson
Can you think of a more thrilling combination?
‘Wild’ reflects a wonderful opportunity to explore untamed nature, in Africa’s most thrilling grasslands.
‘Luxury’ denotes being pampered and treated like visiting royalty.
The exceptional part is the ‘Artistry’ element, as our expert artist helps you transform your sketches and photos into presentable drawings and paintings.
Kim Thompson has studied and taught wildlife art all her working life. Her works have sold to royalty and advertising agencies, museums and connoisseurs. Her keen interest in African wildlife has led to a decade of experience on safari, capturing exquisite detail and insights into local flora and fauna. Allied to the expertise of our rangers and trackers, Kim will unlock your potential as you capture unforgettable images of East Africa.
During six days of wild luxury artistry, Kim and our expert guides will help you to:
- learn about wildlife, the local habitat and how to observe nature
- pick up hints, tips and techniques, expanding your artistic capabilities
- understand how to use a range of art materials to create different effects
- experiment with bold new styles and ideas capture impressions and make reference drawings and paintings
(to be completed when home)
- spend time transforming some of your sketches into artworks
Group discussions and activities will be supplemented by substantial one-to-one guidance and constructive feedback, with Kim sharing examples from her own sketchbooks and journals.
At the end of the adventure, an informal exhibition will display your progress, testifying to achievements which will endure long after memories begin to fade.
From capturing morning light to mastering perspective, you will have learned so much from the most empathetic of teachers, in the most enjoyable of circumstances.
The package includes the following services:
- Meet and greet at Nairobi airport, transfer to a 5 star Nairobi Hotel and overnight on half board basis (drinks not included). First joint dinner with Kim and the group
- All road transfers within Nairobi
- All internal flights i.e. Nairobi – Masai Mara / Masai Mara – Serengeti / Serengeti – Nairobi and vice versa
- 3 nights full board accommodation at Mara Bushtops &
3 nights full board accommodation at Serengeti Bushtops
- Daily sessions with Kim Thompson. All materials included
- All airstrip transfers, all game drives in our open converted 4×4’s accompanied by Kim, your Ranger and your local spotter
- All non alcoholic drinks, beers, house wines and non luxury spirits
- Complimentary membership of our on-site Amani African Spa at Mara Bushtops, which includes use of the heated infinity swimming pool, cold pool, Jacuzzi and gym (fees apply for treatments, massages and the use of the sauna and steam bath)
- Unlimited massage but subject to availability at Serengeti Bushtops
- Sun downer, night game drive and walking safari at Mara Bushtops
- Temporary Flying Doctors membership
- Park entrance and private conservancy fees
- Grand farewell dinner on the last night
- Optional extra: hot air balloon safari. The cost in the Masai Mara
is approx. USD 455 per person and in the Serengeti approx.USD 495 per person.
Package includes the transfers, the pre flight briefing, the balloon
flight which takes 1 to 1 ½ hours and a champagne bush breakfast.
PREPARE YOUR CANVAS
All great art – and each new experience – begins with preparation. In this case, that means booking your place.
Min. number for this tour is 4 persons. Price on request
- Please note you require a yellow fever inoculation certificate
Visas required for Kenya & Tanzania (USD 50 each), not included in price